Thursday, March 12, 2009

Shorewood chickens

A post from Heather Havens:

I am from a village called Shorewood, inside of the city of Milwaukee WI, both of which are trying to legalize backyard chickens. Shorewood's efforts were started by a very awesome young girl names Carenna. A group has gathered around her to help make this happen, and they are doing a fantastic job. They go to the council again tomorrow, and this is a presentation that they made for that appointment tomorrow (they went to Madison WI, home of Mad City Chickens to take pictures and get interviews). I was so proud, and thought it was so nice (and persuasive), that I couldn't help but share it with you

Click here to view the pdf

2 comments:

  1. Great link, I really like the designs of some of the coops, Pg 7 & 8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    I am also a young woman trying to legalize hens in kamloops, BC. Do you have the contact info of Carenna, and could you possibly send it to me, haev her contact me at b_klohn@yahoo.com.

    I am JUST starting to set up a website about what we are up to in kamloops. Check it out:

    www.omelettesforeveryone.wordpress.com

    Thanks!!!
    Bonnie Klohn

    ReplyDelete